This was one of my most challenging events to organize, but one that paid off big time. I created a facebook event asking people in the subject line to read all of the details before responding. No brainer, right? Not so much. So I had my 24 people committed, most paid in the timely manner that I asked, and then a few who I got so mad at (3 weeks delinquent with their money) so I sold away their spots.
- Step 1 - Determine pricing, and availability of the minibus. I used Bus Bank, and would highly recommend them! I found out it would be $775 for the bus, 8 hours, unlimited stops, and seat 24. They are nationwide!
- Step 2 - Find 23 people who will commit and pay upfront by a deadline
- Step 3 - Book the bus, collect the money
- Step 4 - Notify the wineries! We went to 5, and I mapped out ahead of time how long it would take to drive between each locations, and got an idea of how long it would take to have 24 people taste and pay for their wares. I then called each winery to let them know approximately when we would be there.
- Step 5 - I traveled with my friend Michelle to Christmas Tree Shops to buy 24 white shirt boxes and a few bunches of tissue paper
- Step 6 - Have amazing friends, and a boyfriend who is basically perfect...
|See? Wine to Share...|